Saturday, August 14, 2010

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY SHELBYANNE!!
We celebrated Shelbyanne's 5th birthday today. She has been counting down the days till her party (today) and her actual birthday (tomorrow). I am so excited for her. She starts kindergarten in 1 week. I remember with great fondness my kindergarten teacher, Miss Tucker. I think she was a big influence on me becoming a teacher.
I made Shelbyanne's birthday cake. This was definitely a new cake adventure for me. I used fondant for the first time. She loved it which made the late night and all the hours of labor worth it.
This past week we helped out at Northstar Community Church with their Vacation Bible School. It was a lot of fun. I, Amy, worked with the preschoolers. We had 30+ preschoolers throughout the week. They are precious kids. I was able to be with the girls since they are both in preschool, which was good and challenging at the same time. They loved that I was their teacher, although since I was with them Emily wanted to be in my lap and at my side a lot of the time. She did really well though for a 3 year old. Rob was with the 4th-6th graders. He had a great time with the older kids. It was challenging and fun for him as well. We enjoyed serving with the other leaders and getting to know folks there.










No comments: